- Funding Opportunities
- Research Areas
- Dynamic Brain Circuits and Connections in Health and Disease
- Core facilities
- Research administration services
- DMCBH Membership
- News & Events
- Brain Matters Newsletter
- Neuroscience Research Colloquium
You are hereNewsroom
Community News: August 2020
New SCiCOM PODcast
The new podcast called A Month in Neurodegenerative Disease Research (AMiNDR) recently launched! This is an initaitive from staff and students at the DMCBH and McGill University. They spoke to The Braniac Blog team regarding their podcast. Take a listen and reach out if you, or anyone you know would like to get involved.
THe Brainiac Blog
Students at the DMCBH have been writing and editing blogs! We've also launched a "Life After Grad School" series, about GPN grads who went onto successful careers outside of academia. If any of your students would like to contribute, please have them submit a blog here or contact email@example.com
Check out the latest blog posts here!
BC Brain Wellness summer challenge
The BC Brain Wellness Challenge is ending next week! All funds raised will go towards the BC Brain Wellness Program, so their classes can continue be provided free of charge. If you'd like to make a donation, please click here.
In the media
- Dr. Liisa Galea was featured on the Mommy Brain Revisted Podcast, discussing maternal experience and the aging maternal brain.
- Dr. Judy Illes was featured in the National Post, regarding schools opening during COVID and PTSD.
- Dr. Silke Cresswell (pictured) is featured in VGH + UBC Hospital Foundation Blog, discussing tips on improving your physical and mental wellbeing
- Dr. Liisa Galea talks about the mental health of new moms in a Q and A with the UBC Department of Psychology.