- Research Areas
- Dynamic Brain Circuits and Connections in Health and Disease
- Core facilities
- Research administration services
- Funding Opportunities
- DMCBH Membership
- News & Events
- Brain Matters Newsletter
- Neuroscience Research Colloquium
You are hereNewsroom
Community News: September 2020
In the News
- Jennifer Cooper in Dr. Cheryl Wellington's lab was profiled in the Facutly of Medicine Back to School Series
- Faezeh Kharazyan, a Research Assistant at the Centre, is profiled in the Facutly of Medicine Staff Spotlight
- In a conversation between Governor General Julie Payette and and Chief Scientific Officer of Quebec Dr. Remi Quirion, they take a live question from Dr. Judy Illes! Check it out at the 7 minute mark.
- Dr. Liisa Galea writes about how proper funding for women's health research could save lives during the pandemic, in Policy Options.
The @UBCmedicine Back to School Series is now live, and features Jennifer Cooper. Jennifer spent the summer doing #COVID19 research in DMCBH researcher Dr. Cheryl Wellington's lab and is now starting her Masters! Read more here: https://t.co/fny6mHMhtB pic.twitter.com/DcpShbLkno— Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health (@DMCBrainHealth) September 10, 2020
- Dr. Catharine Winstanley (pictured) has been elected into the Royal Society of Canada as a Member of the College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists!
- Dr. Mark Cembrowski named a 2020 Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research award recipient. Dr. Cembrowski was also named the 2020 Cajal Club Krieg Cortical Explorer.
- Several of our researchers were awarded CIHR grants from the spring competition, including Drs. Liisa Galea, Jason Snyder, Fidel Vila-Rodriguez, Michael Kobor and Alex Rauscher. Read the full UBC announcement here.
DMCBH researcher @cawinstanley has been elected into the Royal Society of Canada as a Member of the College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists! Her lab explores impulse control and decision making. Congrats to Dr. Winstanley on this achievement! #RSChttps://t.co/fRt0I4HNjo pic.twitter.com/g65TpmmD3N— Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health (@DMCBrainHealth) September 8, 2020
The Directors of the Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health have written a message highlighting their thoughts and goals about leading the DMCBH community over the next few years. See what Dr. Lynn Raymond and @ShernazBamji have to say!https://t.co/4ueeXOKtql pic.twitter.com/sJGXmPb0XA— Djavad Mowafaghian Centre for Brain Health (@DMCBrainHealth) September 24, 2020
Did we miss something? Do you have a story tip? We want to hear from you! Send your research highlights, upcoming publications, trainee successes and funding and awards news to firstname.lastname@example.org.